Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Cheeseburger Cups

This is another recipe from Emily Bites. I've tried several of them with varying degrees of appeal. I decided to try this one on a night when I knew I needed a quick meal that could easily be reheated.

I chose a night that I had Zumba class scheduled. These nights mean that Vince comes home from work, gives Max dinner and then gets him ready for bed. While Vince is taking care of Max, I whip something up for grown-up dinner. I don't eat before my classes (that would be a disaster) so I make something that Vince can eat once Max is in bed and that I can reheat for myself when I get home. This recipe fit the bill.

I was actually a little surprised that I liked it so much. I was a little leery of the ingredient list but it come out really tasty! It does not really taste like a cheeseburger, more like cheeseburger Hamburger Helper. It was quick, easy, tasty, and very few points. All pluses that have made this a recipe that I've made several times with great success. It has gotten rave reviews from Vince, Max, and my sister-in-law who is also watching her points. I typically serve two cups with a large salad for a complete dinner.


Cheeseburger Cups
Adapted from Emily Bites


Ingredients

1/2 Pound Lean Ground Beef
2 Tablespoons Dried Minced Onion
1 Tablespoon McCormick Hamburger Seasoning
2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
4 oz Can Chopped Mushrooms
4 oz Can Salt Free Diced Tomatoes
4 Wedges Laughing Cow Lite Queso & Chipotle Cheese
3 Tablespoons Ketchup
1 Tablespoon Mustard
16 Wonton Wrappers
1 Cup Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese, shredded

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 375F.
  2. Liberally grease 8 muffin cups with cooking spray.
  3. In a large skillet, brown the meat, onions, and garlic powder.
  4. Drain off the fat from the meat.
  5. Mix the mushrooms and tomatoes into the meat.
  6. Mix the Laughing Cow cheese, ketchup, and mustard into the meat mixture.
  7. Mix thoroughly until the cheese is completely melted and coats all of the meat.
  8. Line each muffin cup with one wonton wrapper.
  9. Using half of the meat mixture, fill each muffin cup.
  10. Using half of the shredded cheese, top the meat in each muffin cup.
  11. Place another wonton on top of each cup.
  12. Repeat the layering of meat and shredded cheese.
  13. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until crispy.
  14. Let the cups cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan.

Yields: 8 Cups

No comments:

Post a Comment