Thursday, May 17, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Cups

I finally decided to give these a try. This recipe has been circulating the internet for quite awhile with awesome reviews. I was hesitant to try it because 1) I don't like buffalo chicken 2) I have never eaten blue cheese (and had a really bad food aversion to the smell of it while I was pregnant) and 3) Vince doesn't like any of the ingredients in the recipe. So it seemed like a pretty good indication that this one would be a total flop in our house.

I'm not sure what happened but one day while looking for something quick to make for dinner, I came across the recipe in my bookmarks. All of a sudden, it sounded awesome. I just HAD to have it that night. I actually went out to the store to pick up the ingredients, since I don't normally keep stuff that we don't like to eat in the house. Go figure!

Vince was still not convinced as I was putting them together but I was in full craving mode at that point. These came together really quickly. I would estimate that from prep to mouth it took about 40 minutes.

Holy cow where these babies good! I've made them several times since then and they are always delicious. Vince commented last night that he was really surprised at how much he liked them, since he doesn't like any of the ingredients individually. The buffalo flavor can be as strong or mild as you like since you use whatever brand of sauce you prefer. The best part is that these are really filling and very low in points! These are perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or as party finger food. You could even make them in mini muffin cups and serve them as appetizers (adjust the PP value for the number of cups you get).

I have a bunch of other "cups" bookmarked from the same blog that I plan to try out very soon. They are all really low in points and sound very tasty. I can't wait to try them out!


Buffalo Chicken Cups
Adapted from Emily Bites


Ingredients

2 Cups Cooked Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast, diced
4 Wedges Laughing Cow Lite Blue Cheese Flavor
3 Tablespoons Buffalo Wing Sauce (I used Ken's Steakhouse Sauce)
1/4 Cup Celery, diced
16 Wonton Wrappers
1 Cup Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese, shredded

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 375F.
  2. Lightly grease 8 muffin cups with cooking spray.
  3. In a microwave safe bowl, add the chicken, cheese, and sauce.
  4. Microwave on high for approximately 1 minute, until the cheese is very soft.
  5. Add the celery.
  6. Mix together until the chicken is well coated in the cheese & sauce.
  7. Place a wonton wrapper in the bottom of each muffin cup.
  8. Spoon half of the chicken mixture into the cups.
  9. Top each with cheddar cheese (using 1/2 cup).
  10. Place another wonton wrapper on top of each cup.
  11. Spoon remaining chicken onto each cup.
  12. Top each cup with the remaining cheddar cheese.
  13. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
  14. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before removing from the muffin pans.

Yields: 8 servings (1 cup each)

No comments:

Post a Comment