Sunday, January 29, 2012

Baked Honey Dijon Pecan Salmon

So, this recipe has been making the rounds in the blogosphere. I've had it bookmarked forever (along with a million other recipes I need to post) and finally decided to try it out. It was delicious! I can see why so many people are writing about it.

I've been trying to add more fish in to our diet. I'm actually not a big fish eater but I love salmon. I have several salmon recipes to post and will be trying out some others for trout, snapper, and orange roughy in the future. I'm also going to try going meatless once a week. We'll see how that goes...we really like our meat around here!

This recipe offers a very generous portion size and is very filling. I changed the measurements of the ingredients to get the points value down and it still came out really good and full of flavor. This one is a keeper for sure.

I served it with a broccoli/cauliflower mix and rice.

Baked Honey Dijon Pecan Salmon
Adapted from Sweet Beginnings


Ingredients
4 - 4 oz Salmon Fillet(s)
1/8 Cup Margarine, melted
1 1/2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
3/4 Tbsp Honey
1/4 Cup Panko Breadcrumbs
1/4 Cup Chopped Pecans


Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. In a small bowl, mix together margarine, mustard, and honey.
  3. In a separate bowl, mix breadcrumbs and pecans together.
  4. Place the salmon in a baking dish.
  5. Brush each fillet with the honey mustard mixture and then sprinkle the tops with the nut mixture.
  6. Bake for 12-15 minutes.

Yields: 4 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment