Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Blackberries & Cream Protein Smoothie

Today has been a good day diet-wise. After all of the house cleaning and organizing was done. I had time to fit in a 30 minute elliptical session. Since it was only 30 minutes long, I decided to make it a little more difficult by doing hills. I was only on level 5 (so the hill goes up to level 5 and then back down) but it was an excellent work-out.

After a nice long shower I decided to make myself a protein smoothie. It turned out really yummy. You could make this with any variety of fruit, but I had blackberries so that's what I made. The possibilities are enormous. Play around with it and come up with something yummy!

Blackberries & Cream Protein Smoothie


Ingredients

1/2 Cup Lite Coconut Milk
1/2 Cup Water
144 Grams (~1 Cup) Blackberries
1 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
2 Tablespoons Plain Yogurt (I use soy)
4 Packets of Splenda
6-8 Ice Cubes

Directions

Put everything into the blender and blend it until thick and smooth.

You may want to add about 1/8 teaspoon of Xanthan Gum to thicken it up and keep it from separating.

2 comments:

  1. I am going to try these recipes. You know how Aubria'a diet is soo limited. Maybe I came satisfy some of him lost taste buds. He can be very difficult to feed. Thanks.
    Are you getting any feed back from this site?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is mainly family reading it. I get a few comments here and there. I like writing it even if no one is reading it. :) I have more protein smoothie recipes that I'll be posting once I get back from Phoenix. They really are yummy.

    ReplyDelete