Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Broccoli Salad

I first had broccoli salad two years ago during Thanksgiving dinner with my in-laws. I know, I know. Sometimes I think I've lived a sheltered life. Anyway, a friend of the family brought it to dinner and it was a huge hit. We all asked for the recipe, which she kindly rattled off but none of us thought to actually write it down!

I always thought to make it again but never got around to doing it or looking up a recipe for it. Well, I finally did. The recipes I found all seemed to be a little off from what I remembered having. So I took one and modified it to what I could remember. It turned out perfect! I will now keep this in my repertoire for quick, tasty side dishes.


Broccoli Salad
Adapted from All Recipes


Ingredients

6 Cups Raw Broccoli Florets
2 Cups Raw Carrots, shredded
1/2 Cup Fat Free Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1/2 Cup Sunflower Seeds
1/4 Cup Raisins
1/2 Cup Fat Free Mayonnaise
1 Tablespoon Sugar
1 1/2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar

Directions
  1. In a large bowl, toss the broccoli, carrots, cheese, sunflower seeds, and raisins.
  2. In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sugar, and vinegar.
  3. Add the mayo dressing to the salad and toss until completely coated.
  4. Serve chilled.

Yields: 8 Servings (3/4 cup per serving)

No comments:

Post a Comment